Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Everything Home Recording Book

I picked up The Everything Home Recording Book by Marc Schonbrun after Eddie and I made plans to do some demo recording in his basement. While recording studios and project studios are topics and concepts I am familiar with from my undergraduate education, it has been about 7 years since I have done anything hands-on with them. I wanted something that could easily job my memory and hopefully refresh my knowledge. And, Eddie has ProTools, with which I do not have a lot of familiarity.

The book served its intended purpose, at least from my perspective. Admittedly, it is written for beginners with little-to-no experience with recording, so hopefully I would understand it after studying it in college for four years. It presented the various concepts with clarity and helped to refresh my memory about microphones, recording technique, and effects usage in the recording process. Of course, nothing actually tops hands-on experience in recording, but I now feel that I can handle some basic recording with relative ease.

This is a great book for those interested in learning about home recording, or like me, who wish to refresh their memory.

The Everything Home Recording Book

No comments:

Post a Comment