Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe

I started off the month of October with the goal of reading nothing but Halloween related books and stories. As Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, it seemed fitting. I intended to read works by Stoker, Irving, Shelley, and Poe.

I was having a Poe-themed Halloween party this year, so it seemed only natural to read the Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe. I gave it a valiant effort. I have long known some of Poe's works, as my dad used to tell them to me when I was younger. So, I would say I am a fan. The complete works, however, is a daunting collection of works. Poe is known for his macabre stories, and this collection contains those, but there are also some that a just downright weird. I read 50% of the works (according to my Kindle) and decided to give it a break. I was just finding myself bored.

I enjoyed "The Cask of Amontillado," "The Gold Bug," "The Fall of the House of Usher," and "Hop Frog," as well as a few others. Some of them I was familiar with and some I was not. I do still intend to read these works at some point. I just seemed to have last my stamina for this collection at this point in time.

Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment