Friday, April 6, 2012

Tell No One

I read Tell No One  by Harlan Coben at the suggestion of my friend and colleague, Matt Grimes. I was glad he recommended this book to me, as I greatly enjoyed the story. It was a fun and quick read.

I will actually not spend too much time describing the story, at the risk of spoiling the many twists in this suspense novel. However, the protagonist is David Beck, a doctor who is widowed after his wife is brutally kidnapped and murdered. The suspense of the story comes when Beck receives a cryptic email leading him to believe his wife may still be alive. The ensuing story is full of interesting twists and turns that continually keep you guessing.

The story is rather well written, reminding me of a James Patterson novel, except better. This is definitely pop-fiction, but Coben's characters are dynamic and he provides plenty of detail in ways that Patterson does not. Coben appears to understand the genre in a way that makes Patterson look lazy.

I would definitely suggest the book.

Tell No One

No comments:

Post a Comment