Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul


Having just finished Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, I was excited to read Douglas Adams’ follow up, The Long Dark Tea-Time of theSoul. While I thought the first book was fairly interesting, I found Tea-Time to be much funnier.
This novel focuses on Dirk Gently, far more than the previous book named after him. This book spends much more time on Dirk’s character. The novel itself focuses on the mystery of an explosion at an airport, the death of one of Dirk’s clients, and the Norse gods. Surprisingly, all of these stories come together into one unique plot.

As usual, Adams included plenty of funny observations, descriptions, and one-liners. I laughed aloud at several points during this book, something that reminded me of Adams’ Hitchhiker books. It is definitely worth a read if you enjoy Adams' writing and humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment